Ingredients for this Thai Stir Fry Squid Recipe:
5-7 squid (Buy Them Here)
4 garlic cloves with peel
8 black peppercorns
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of Thai fish sauce (optional)
1/2 Tbsp of Thai Oyster sauce
1/4 tsp of Stock Powder
Step 1 – The Preparation: (See how to clean squid here)
Clean and dress the squid with salt water and rinse in fresh water 2-3 times
- scrub the squid lightly with salt and wash, then remove the insides.
- cut the tentacles off just below the eyes
- remove the squids mouth
- remove the squid pen/internal bone
- use the back of a knife to scrape, pinch, and remove the patterned squid skin (dotted pattern) from the body. Be careful as the skin is a very thin layer.
- slice the squid into 1.5cm width rings
Step 2 – The Cooking:
- Grind the 8 peppercorns and 4 unpeeled garlic cloves to a mortar with the pinch of salt and pestle until roughly smashed.
- Add a splash of oil to a frying pan and preheat on very high heat.
- Add the squid rings and toss in the frying pan for 90 seconds until springy and 50% cooked.
- Add the ground pepper and garlic mixture to the pan, toss and stir for another 2-3 minutes until the garlic is cooked but not browned.
- Add the 1/2 tsp of fish sauce, the 1/2 Tbsp of Oyster sauce, the 1/4 tsp of Stock Powder and toss and stir for 45 seconds or until the garlic is golden brown.
Step 3 – The Finale:
Plate and serve immediately with Jasmine rice.
This weeks recipe credit: Thank you to
Recipe by Pear Pudding 🍐
Social media link:
Enjoy this Amazing Thai Stir Fry Squid Recipe after a trip to your favourite fishmonger’s… The Fish Plaice of course!